Assembly Modeling of Your Product Allows Us to:
- Check all part clearances
- Check form, fit, and function of the assembly
- Accurately tolerance components for manufacturing
- Determine and animate your product’s full range of motion
- Generate animations and renderings for use in your proposal or customer presentation
- Have multiple designers working on a product to share the component design work while maintaining an organized assembly model to accelerate the design phase
Save Time & Money
Assembly modeling saves time, money, and stress by reducing the potential for assembly tolerance or clearance issues with manufactured components. It is an essential part of product development and optimization allowing the transfer of 3D content between engineering disciplines.
Each component in an assembly model is represented as a solid model which allows for components to be easily edited during the assembly process. This editing ability allows components to be modified in real time (if necessary) to ensure proper fit and tolerancing preventing potential clearance or range of motion performance issues.
We have the capability of generating large assemblies which allow for handling the design of complex projects while ensuring that clearance requirements are met for every individual component. Assembly modeling prevents being caught off guard during the manufacturing process because of design errors. If only one bolt hole is off location, or a single component doesn’t meet clearance requirements within a large and complex project, it can lead to delays that add up to significant time and financial losses.
Our understanding of manufacturing methods allows us to generate models that meet the tolerance requirements/limitations of anticipated manufacturing methods and are designed for the most economical manufacturing option available.
Learn more about our wide range of design services that can help make your product development cycle a success!